PALO ALTO, Calif., September 28, 2023 – (BUSINESS WIRE)-- Digbi Health, the leader in precision biology-based telehealth care for three of the top four healthcare costs - Obesity, T2D, and Digestive Health - announced today the launch of its latest innovation in obesity care, Digbi GLP-Fit™, a scientifically-backed approach to identify the best treatment path for an individual to prevent and treat obesity.
- Digbi GLP-Fit™ uses the science of precision biology to identify the best treatment path for obesity for an individual with 87% accuracy, which may include 1) only precision nutrition, 2) a combination of precision nutrition and lower-cost drugs like Metformin, or 3) a combination of precision nutrition and GLP-1 medications.
- For Pharmacy Benefit Managers (PBMs), Digbi GLP-Fit™ streamlines prior authorization processes for GLP-1 obesity management drugs, eliminating member frustration, generating multi-million dollar savings, and creating goodwill for health plans and employers.
- Digbi GLP-Fit™ program guarantees 100% financial ROI, providing immediate and tangible savings for employers, PBMs, and health plans, all while ensuring optimal and medically safe patient care.
The Science Behind Digbi GLP-Fit(™)
This clinically proven approach integrates genetics, gut microbiome, and Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) insights to recommend the best path for care and deliver personalized, clinically effective obesity treatment programs.
Unlike other digital programs that rely exclusively on behavior change, Digbi GLP-Fit™ is based on recognition by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and medical research institutions like Harvard Health that genetics account for up to 80% of the risk of obesity and that an individual's insulin resistance and gut-microbiome are essential factors in addressing obesity. Digbi GLP-Fit™ integrates telehealth and precision nutrition based on genetics, gut microbiome, and insulin metabolism.
Sustainable, Effective, and High-Quality Care
This personalized approach offers tremendous savings for employers and payers. Digbi's program ensures that individuals are not unnecessarily on lifelong GLP-1 treatments, aligning with Digbi Health's prevention and effective care mission. With a Google rating of 4.8 stars, Digbi Health stands out for its unwavering commitment to delivering a high-quality member experience.
"We believe in the power of precision biology and full-spectrum obesity care, which includes anti-obesity medications only when necessary. Recognizing that everyone does not respond the same way to food and medicine, Digbi is committed to making obesity care personalized, preventive, and holistic," said Ranjan Sinha, CEO of Digbi Health. "Payers and employers want to partner with us because our unique approach delivers the best obesity solution that is clinically safe and financially sustainable.”
Novo Nordisk's Global Prevention Accelerator Program recently selected Digbi to pilot-test solutions for preventing obesity and related cardiometabolic conditions.
True Personalization: The 5-Point Digbi GLP-Fit™ Program Difference
While other digital providers tout personalization, Digbi GLP-Fit delivers the following advanced capabilities:
- Precision Diagnostics: Incorporates genetics, gut microbiome, and Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) to provide a comprehensive bio-digital twin view of an individual's health.
- Risk Assessment: Evaluate the patient's obesity risk embedded in their genetics, gut microbiome, and insulin metabolism. Three hundred gene variants are used to develop and monitor a polygenic risk score for weight regain.
- Precision Biology-Based Lifestyle Support: The FDA requires GLP drugs to have nutrition and lifestyle support.
- Proven and Patented De-prescription Path: Develops clinically safe, sustainable, personalized tapering off-plan for GLP drugs.
- Gut Microbiome Informed Care: GLP is a gut hormone that regulates appetite, metabolism, and insulin secretion. Recent studies have shown that the gut microbiome may play a role in the effectiveness of GLP-1 drugs. With Digbi GLP-Fit™, the gut microbiome is monitored every 120 days. A longer tapering period is considered if the gut microbiome has not shifted to a less obesogenic state.
Media Contact: Beverly Ibarrolan; firstname.lastname@example.org
About Digbi Health
Digbi Health is leading through innovation, offering a holistic solution for treating Obesity, Cardiometabolic, and Digestive disorders—three of healthcare's top 4 costly conditions. Our Precision Biology approach uses genetics, gut microbiome, Abbott CGM, and pharmaceuticals only when necessary to create personalized care programs that slash medication dependency and healthcare costs. We are on a mission to make chronic illness optional. Learn more at: www.digbihealth.com